Unlimited iPhone downloads

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

iPhone 1.1.2 Update... Wow?

I know the update will arrive in iTunes shortly, but I can't wait... I guess. 10,000 folks reportedly purchased an iPhone in Germany yesterday, with 1.1.2 already on it, while we veterans in the U.S. are still waiting. We can't have that. I've also been talking to a couple buds in the UK about the buzz over there as it's being released. It sounds pretty familiar and similar, but it sounds like Germany has them beat.



I've been jazzed about the rumors that the update will include a voice memo function, which, to me, is huge. But as I'm waiting for this download, I'm reading from folks who have installed it, that say there is no voice memo feature. They also report no storage feature as well. So... international keyboards is basically it? This is what we're all buzzing about?...

Apple, give us something! Why are we waiting for Voice Memos? How about being able to simply create your own e-mail boxes for keeping/organizing incoming e-mails? These are the basics for a unit like this, in my view. I've been working on different ways to stream audio & video to the iPhone, which is an incredibly cool thing to be able to do, but I still can't create a mailbox?

Is there any good reason for this, other than torture, that I'm not seeing? Steve... I'm sure you've heard, we don't torture. Or was it... no, wait... that's correct.

Well, I suppose we should recognize that it's not 1.2, or 2.0... it's 1.1.2. So far though, it sounds kindof like 1.1.1.1.1.1......2.

There are some rumors today about the OS seeming snappier though. That would be nice I suppose. We'll see if that seems to be the case and will report it to you. Please let us know what your experiences are the first week or two with the update.

I wonder if the reason it's not yet available on iTunes is that there may be different versions still in the works, but they had to get one out for the European release Friday. Otherwise, why would adding it to iTunes take so long? So I think I'll wait 'till I see it in iTunes. Has anyone written a script that automatically clicks the "Check For Update" button every 30 seconds?

iPhone tips

iPhone RSS feed

iPhone Guru Headline Animator